WARNING

WARNING: This blog is intended for mature readers only. It's contents include adult themes such as sexuality, homosexuality, rape and violence, which may be inappropriate or offensive for some viewers.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

I Gathered A Pomegranate

A dramatic desert sunset on the Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah/ Photo by the author

(For S )

Ripe pomegranate
You fall not easily
Into my starving hands
My waiting lips
Pressed tight against
Your husk
Your seeds staining
Your fresh gemstones

How quickly
The night falls
Light fading
The yew trees sheltering
A silky spring breeze

I waited beneath
For a single kiss
From your hunting mouth

Taste me so quickly
While the silver stars
Fall across a velvet canopy
While lapis blue night
Shatters over the distant mountains

Greedily you devour a pomegranate
Without care how the crimson
Stains your elegant mouth

Fountains offer their refreshment
Like flowers give up their pollen
And I wish to be like those
Industrious little bees
Dancing from flower to flower to flower

How industrious my wings
How sweet the virgin nectar

You turn away
Blushing so quickly
Even though the scent of me
Stings salty and open thighs

Banish dawn and receive night
The hour this bee takes flight
To gather his honey-sweet love
As the moon showers the earth
With regal splendor

Wait beneath the trees
Excited, your senses newly aroused
And I will swiftly gather
The offering of your body
With my lips

Still moon, sweetly glowing
I bask in it
As the pomegranate bursts
Too hungry was my heart
To gather the crimson jewels

Desolate now, my heart wanders
Could life possibly have sacrificed more?

No comments:

Post a Comment