WARNING

WARNING: This blog is intended for mature readers only. It's contents include adult themes such as sexuality, homosexuality, rape and violence, which may be inappropriate or offensive for some viewers.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Return of the Sanguine Swallow

A dramatic pastel sunset over the Bonneville Salt Flats of Utah/ Photo by the author


Twilight breathes softly,
The caress of purple and rich azure blue.
Silently, I wait for you,
Beneath trees in which doves nest,
Beneath the lamp of moon's light
Dappling a path with alabaster glory.

How many times, how many lives?
The power of form and flesh alive
On my fingertips.

I will gladly wait, wait, wait
For the return of the sanguine swallow,
Whose home in lonely trees becomes
The residence of my soul.

Why wait, wait, wait
When the moon, my lover, is so
Generous, and my naked skin
Glistens with the kiss of the morning
Dew.

No comments:

Post a Comment